Removal from the Magnet Schools Program
-The following are causes for Removal of a Student from the Magnet Schools Program:
· A student suspended more than twice during the school year or receiving more than six (6) days of suspension will be removed from the Magnet Schools Program after all due process procedures have been honored.
· One class C, D, or E, offense as identified in the MCPSS Student Code of Conduct constitutes grounds for immediate removal of a magnet student from the Magnet Schools Program after all due process procedures have been honored.
· A student, who moves during the school year and because of the relocation, is no longer a Mobile County resident will be with drawn from the Magnet Schools Program.
· A student may be removed from a selected magnet school at the end of the academic year for failure to meet required promotion standards.
· A student will be removed from a selected magnet school because of excessive tardiness and/or absences from school. Referral to the Early Warning Truancy Program constitutes excessive absences.
· A student can be removed from the selected magnet school for failure to abide by the Parent contract of the Magnet Schools Program.