Alcohol, Drugs, Weapons, and Gambling are forbidden!
· Vending/selling items at school, on the bus, etc. is NOT allowed.
· The front of the building and parking lots are “OFF LIMITS” to students.
· The teachers’ lounge is “OFF LIMITS” to students.
· Students should be in class and seated when the tardy bell rings.
· Students are required to bring textbooks, paper, pen and/or pencils and all necessary materials to class every day.
· No smoking is permitted on school grounds anywhere.
· Students should not be in possession of the following items on campus: tobacco in any form, drugs, alcoholic beverages, knives, guns, or any type of weapon, fireworks, stuffed animals, hats, portable radios, cell phones, CD players, video games, water guns, cards, or similar items.
· Students are not permitted to leave the campus at any time without permission from the office. They should sign out with a parent’s signature on the early dismissal log in the office.
· GUM, candy, or beverages are not permissible anywhere on the campus.
· Students should not bring large amounts of money or valuables to school. The administration /staff will not assume responsibility for loss or theft.
· Students should refrain from borrowing money from each other. The administration/staff will not assist in recovering debts.
· When students exit the bus or cars, they should report to the cafeteria or gymnasium immediately.
· Students who bring non-academic related items for arts activities should turn these items immediately into the designated teacher.
Failure to comply with this guideline is in direct violation of the parent contract. Failure to comply with the parent contract is grounds for removal of a child from the Magnet Program. These guidelines will be strictly enforced.
SHOULD A STUDENT HAVE A- “C, D, OR E” DISCIPLINE OFFENSE (refer to MCPSS student handbook for a list) WHILE ENROLLED IN A MAGNET SCHOOL, THE PRINCIPAL WILL RECOMMEND REMOVAL FROM SAID PROGRAM IMMEDIATELY.